- This event has passed.
Greater Capital Region Teacher Center Community Issues 2019
April 25 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Community Issues in Education Series: Children’s Mental Health Services, Access and Implementation
Community Issues in Education Series – Join us for discussions centered on pressing societal issues that affect our students and schools. In this series, we will increase awareness of a variety of timely issues that impact the entire school community. We will discuss implications and share relevant strategies to support our students, educators and communities in order to unite all stakeholders in creating stronger support systems.
Presenters: Denise Balzer, LCSW , experienced counselor for children and families in foster care, residential treatment and community mental health facilities. Mary Bilik, mental health counselor and art therapist.
- Create a respectful/safe/inclusive environment
- Reflect on practice to improve effectiveness
- Uphold professional standards
- Create an intellectually challenging environment
- Engage in ongoing professional development
- Engage with community to support high expectations
- Communicate effectively to improve practice
- Communicate/collaborate with families
- Manage learning environment
- Acquire knowledge of students to enhance learning
- Perform non-instructional duties
- Remain current in content knowledge/pedagogy
- Use resources to create safe/productive environment
- Comply with relevant laws and policies
- Respond to factors influencing learning