The Leadership Tech Valley (LTV) Class of 2019 is requesting written proposals for projects that will have a substantial positive impact on the Capital Region. LTV, an initiative of the Capital Region Chamber, is a dynamic, interactive program that provides skill development and community immersion experiences that enable participants to grow personally and professionally as they explore issues and opportunities in the Capital Region. This year’s class of 38 professionals will provide their time, monetary donations, and expertise to provide a local entity with a one-time mission-driven project to be completed within approximately three months.
- The project schedule is outlined as follows:
- RFP Submissions due: January 23, 2019 @ 5 p.m. EST
- Notification of Award: February 11, 2019
- Project Completion Date: on or before May 30, 2019
Please submit questions pertaining to this RFP to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21, 2019. Responses will be generated as questions are received, and all questions and answers will be posted on the Leadership Tech Valley website as soon as possible.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- The entity must be a 501(c)3
- All proposals must contain the attached form. Any proposals that fail to include the form will not be considered
- The proposed project must be located within the immediate Capital Region (Albany, Saratoga, Schenectady, and Rensselaer Counties) and be able to be completed on or before May 30, 2019. Preference will be given to projects benefiting children, homeless, and/or underserved populations. The ideal project will provide a meaningful impact to the organization for years to come. The proposal should include information outlining this impact as well as the approximate reach it will have within the community.
- Proposals should include an itemized estimated budget (maximum of $20,000)
- Please also provide a copy of your most recent Annual Report and budget, together with a current listing of your Board of Directors
- Proposals should include estimated LTV person/member-hours required to meet the project timeline
- The entity must be non-partisan, apolitical, and not solely religious in nature
- The entity must not have received funding from Leadership Tech Valley in the past eight years
- 501(c)3 status required
- Priority will be given to members of the Capital Region Chamber. LTV will only select a non-Chamber member organization if it provides services not available from an existing Chamber member and if the project benefits the community at-large.
- A list of Chamber members is available at http://members.capitalregionchamber.com
- Proposals will be reviewed and decided upon by the LTV Class of 2019.
Proposal Response Instructions:
Proposals must be emailed to email@example.com by 5 p.m. EST on Wednesday, January 23, 2019. No hard copies or faxes will be accepted.
Proposals must be submitted as one email with the following attachments:
- Proposal Cover Form
- Proposal Application
- 501(c)3 Letter of Determination
- Annual Report
- Current listing of Board of Directors
Proposals that are missing any of the required content will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Proposals that do not satisfy the deadline requirements will not be considered. LTV Class of 2019 reserves the right to postpone the notification of award. The successful respondent will be notified verbally, followed by written confirmation. Entities whose proposals are not selected will be notified in writing in February 2019.
Leadership Tech Valley is a program of the Capital Region Chamber Foundation, a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code